Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Floating shelf detail and final mount

I was able to get the shelf finished with several coats of Minwax Semi-gloss water based poly. With the hidden mounting bracket the shelf has clean lines and appears to just float on the wall.





After getting the shelf put together I thoguht I would post a photograph of the back which shows the various pieces that make up the shelf. As you can see the shelf is made up of 6 seperate pieces that together make up the design and detail. I have put one coat of Minwax golden oak stain on so far and a coat of Minwax semi-gloss clear coat. In the end I'll probably put on between 3-4 coats of clear.

1 comment:

  1. How much do you charge for a shelf like this-- I need one for my kitchen -as charging stations to hide cords --Let me know how much--

    Please leave a comment on my blog
    kellyannstudio.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete