Sunday, December 4, 2011

New Gift Started

With Christmas just around the corner it is time to start turning out some gifts. The first gift I am going to start out by making my daughter a bank for her collection of pennies from the various places that we have gone on for vacation. I am going to use a PO Box door for the front which I purchased from a local woodworking store. You can get old out of service boxes that were in United States Post Offices but due to time I purchased this one. For the body of the bank I am going to use red oak along with pine dowels as an accent on the sides and top. This should offer a nice contrast when the project is complete. Here are a few photos of the parts for needed for the start of the project.



The pieces of the PO Bank are starting to come together. I cut the final pieces for the top and bottom today and routed the detail and here is what it is going to look like. Stay tuned for more updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment