Saturday, April 30, 2011

Childrens Glockenspiel

I have moved on to antoher project now that my plywood cribbage board is completed. I decided the next project would be a Glockenspiel. I purchased the kit from my local Rockler store. The kit included the 25 bars and directions with all the needed specifications. The kit is sold as a xylophone when in reality it is a glockenspiel. I built the base out of leftover oak and aspen from a few other projects that I completed earlier this year. The photo to the left is the base unfinished. The large holes are drilled through to help improve the sound. I also placed rubber feet on the bottom to lift the base up.

I finished the base with a clear satin finish to showcase the different woods used in the project.

This was a quick and fun project to put together. I look forward to building a few more of these in the weeks to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment