Sunday, April 24, 2011

First salvage project completed

I wanted to find a use for the leftover pieces of plywood lying around the shop after larger projects were completed. I figured there had to be a better use for these pieces besides throwing them away or burning them up in the fire pit.

The idea for the cribbage board project came from many lunches and dinners at the local Noodles and Company. I thought the tables at Noodles were interesting because of the detail in the plywood. At first I thought the tables were made of bamboo or something else. But one day in the shop I was cleaning up some pieces of plywood on the floor and had them stacked next to each other and it hit me the tables are made of plywood.

Since this was the first project using the leftover pieces of plywood, I thought making the cribbage would be fun. Now that the project is done, I am going to design a few more items using
the recycled plywood.

Using the plywood give the cribbage board a very unique design and adds interest when playing a game of cribbage.

2 comments:

  1. Thought I would check in on your blog. Nice progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for checking the blog out. I am working on starting a new post for a project I completed. I hope that you will come back and check it out.

    ReplyDelete